Elevate Your Brunch Game: French Toast
French toast has always been a classic and delightful brunch choice. The soft, custardy interior with a crispy exterior, infused with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, makes it a perfect morning indulgence. Elevate your brunch game with this easy-to-make yet utterly delicious French toast recipe.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread
- Butter for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat a griddle or a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are soaked.
- Grease the griddle or skillet with butter.
- Cook the soaked bread slices until golden brown on each side.
- Serve the French toast hot with maple syrup, fresh berries, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Elevate your brunch game with this classic French toast recipe. Delightfully crispy on the outside, tender and custardy on the inside, it’s a perfect morning indulgence.
Nutritional information (per serving): Calories 350, Fat 12g, Carbs 48g, Protein 12g
French toast has been a staple of brunch tables for generations. Its simplicity and versatility make it a favorite choice for a leisurely morning meal. This recipe takes the classic French toast up a notch, ensuring your brunch gathering is a memorable one.
The secret lies in the perfect custard mixture. Whisking eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and a touch of cinnamon creates a luscious bath for the bread slices. Thick-cut bread is soaked, absorbing the flavors and transforming into a heavenly delight when cooked.
As the slices sizzle in the skillet, the aroma of vanilla and cinnamon fills the air. Each bite is a delightful harmony of crispy edges and a soft, pillowy interior. Drizzle with maple syrup, top with fresh berries, and dust with powdered sugar for a finishing touch.
Whether you’re hosting a brunch for friends or simply want to treat yourself, this French toast recipe is a winner. It’s a timeless classic with a modern twist, making your brunch experience truly exceptional.