Cherry Pie from Scratch
Picture yourself in a cozy kitchen, surrounded by the delightful aroma of freshly baked goods. Today, we embark on a culinary adventure to create the perfect Cherry Pie from Scratch. This recipe, passed down through generations, captures the essence of homemade goodness and the sweetness of ripe cherries. Let’s dive into the heartwarming journey of crafting this classic dessert.
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter, for dotting
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, combine fresh cherries, sugar, cornstarch, almond extract, and lemon juice. Let it sit for 15 minutes while preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one of the prepared pie crusts. Pour the cherry filling into the crust. Dot the filling with butter.
- Cover the pie with the second pie crust. Seal and flute the edges. Cut a few slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the top crust with milk and sprinkle sugar for a golden finish.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few hours before slicing.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 delicious Cherry Pie
Enjoy the flaky crust, the sweet cherry filling, and the love baked into every bite of this Cherry Pie from Scratch. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgence.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 320 | Fat: 12g | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 3g
Picture yourself savoring each bite, appreciating the craftsmanship and dedication that went into making this Cherry Pie. Share it with loved ones and let the taste of nostalgia and love fill your senses. Happy baking!